That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.
One way to engage the Scriptures is a pattern called 7 minutes with God. You do 5 things which you can number on the fingers of one hand.
1. Pray and ask God to open your heart to learn from the Scriptures. We ask the Holy Spirit to teach us.
2. Read the passage delivered by GoTandem or from a Bible. If we are just starting out, it should be something that is good for beginners.
3. Read it again slowly, savoring the ideas. Chew on them. Think about any questions provided with the reading.
4. Pick a thought or phrase that stands out which you can focus on throughout the day. To help remember, record ideas in the comment section of that verse or bookmark the verse as a favorite. Think especially how you can respond in some way.
5. Pray and ask God to use it in your life.
These are like training wheels to help you meet with God as you read the Scriptures. Later you can be much less structured and try different patterns.
Instructions on how to subscribe to the 40 Days of Discipleship APP in GoTandem, with audio, on your smart phone or computer.